- Entries are encouraged to display the name of the organization and/or business.
- Only one entry per organization/business.
- NO dressing in Mr.& Mrs. Santa Claus costumes permitted. (The parade committee selects “official” Santa for the final float). Santa hats are permitted.
- Absolutely NO items may be thrown from a vehicle! This includes but is not limited to: candy, beads, toys and pamphlets. All items MUST be handed out.
- Each entry must provide at least two adult supervisors to walk the parade route or be on the float.
- Children 12 and under are prohibited from walking alongside moving parade floats, vehicles and other motorized units.
- Any single-unit truck (no trailer) should not exceed 40ft in length. Any combination vehicle (power unit plus trailer) which is connected using a pintle-hook or ball hitch system should not exceed 40 ft in length as measured from the forward most vehicle component to the rearmost component of the trailer.
- Any combination vehicle which is connected using a fifth-wheel assembly should not exceed 40 ft in length as measured from the forward most vehicle component to the rearmost component of the trailer, unless previously approved.
- No protruding outrigger wheels or other appendages that might snare and injure bystanders.
- Vehicle entries are required to carry a five pound/3A40BC fire extinguisher. Available for purchase at any hardware store.
- No unit, float or vehicle may make aggressive, abrupt or rapid movements at any point during the parade route. Demonstrations of maneuverability, horsepower, speed agility, etc is not permitted.
- The use of Ipods, MP3 players, cell phones, camcorders, etc. is prohibited by all drivers during the parade.
- No vans, utility vehicles, etc. are permitted without tasteful Christmas decoration, or an attached float illuminated for the nighttime parade.
- No propane trucks.
- The Warrenton Christmas Parade is a family-friendly event for all ages, and every entry in the parade is expected to respect this. All costumes, outfits, behavior, attitude, language, and dance moves must be appropriate for a young audience and will be held to a high standard. Failure to comply may result in being asked to leave the parade immediately with no warning and may jeopardize a group’s approval to participate in following years. All decisions are at the discretion of Parade officials and are final.
- No Changes to your Entry: Your parade entry must arrive at the parade route as it is described on your entry form. No changes are permitted to your entry after the entry deadline. For example, if you describe your group as “walkers and no vehicle,” then you are not permitted to add a vehicle after the registration deadline. Any unauthorized changes or additions (including the addition of vehicles) to your entry may cause disqualification of your unit at the time of the Parade.
- Poop Scooping:
- Must provide one costumed person equipped with scoop and container to clean up behind the horses.
Parade Line Up:
- Non-parade vehicles are not permitted into the staging areas. Groups should establish a meeting place outside of the parade divisions to meet and then walk to pre-assigned lineup division.
- Parents dropping off members of your float/entry should pre-arrange a meeting/drop off location outside of the parade route and then walk to pre-assigned lineup division.
- Line Up Times:
- Large vehicles – 4:30pm
- All other entries – 5:00pm
- Entries not in position by 5:30pm will not be allowed to participate and will forfeit their participation. Due to high volume traffic, we strongly recommend planning one hour extra time for arrival. If you haven’t reached your spot by 5:30pm, you won’t make it in time for the parade start due to the crowds.
- Entries will not pause and/or stop to perform at any locations.
- Vehicles are only allowed to go straight on the parade route.
- Must stay within 20 feet of the entry in front of you.
- Walking entries may perform forward motion drills, dancing, etc. on the parade route as long as they continue to move forward down the street in a timely manner.
- Vehicles should maintain a walking-pace speed.
- The parade route ends at the intersection of Waterloo Street and Pelham Street. Entries can continue straight and unload at Warrenton Middle School or turn left onto Pelham Street and unload on Lee Street. NO entries should stop anywhere other than those two locations to unload.